- Linux Commands Cheat Sheet popular
- Windows Commands Cheat Sheet popular
- How to use proxy in Linux popular
- Shell Script Cheat Sheet popular
- vi / vim Cheat Sheet popular
NAME nice - run a program with modified scheduling priority SYNOPSIS nice [OPTION] [COMMAND [ARG]...] DESCRIPTION Run COMMAND with an adjusted niceness, which affects process scheduling. With no COMMAND, print the current niceness. Niceness values range from -20 (most favorable to the process) to 19 (least favorable to the process).
A niceness of −20 is the highest priority and 19 is the lowest priority.
# nice -n 19 sleep 30
# ps axo pid,comm,nice |grep sleep 25106 sleep 0 25158 sleep 19 # # renice -n 18 25158 25158 (process ID) old priority 19, new priority 18 # # ps axo pid,comm,nice |grep sleep 25106 sleep 0 25158 sleep 18 #